Friday, January 13, 2012

Desperate

So I've missed about 3 days of sewing this week-due to this sickness-whatever it is achy, chills, fever, soar throat, headache thing I have(pretty much sure it's strep). Side note on that: learn from me-apparently the rapid strep test doesn't work until about 36 hours until you actually have symptoms-silly me I went right away and now have to wait until tomorrow for the culture to come back and then they'll give me antibiotics-so much for being pro-active.

Anyways so I am now WAY behind in sewing and started searching pinterest for some remedies-i guess I am now using pinterest as google in some ways. So I must have been delirious but I decided that this one remedy had to work....All I had to do was cut up an onion, rub it on my neck and then leave the onion in my bedroom by my bed. ARE YOU LAUGHING YET-because you should be! Yeah all that happened is I felt like I smelled like an onion pizza for some reason and my husband looked at me like I was crazy when he got home from plowing at 12am and saw that I had an onion next to the bed. My response when he asked why it was there  "It's going to cure us!"

Well I guess I feel a bit better today-but definitely not worth it. I think I'll just wait for the antibiotics next time.

Hope that put a little smile on your face today and really I wouldn't normally try something like that-maybe it was the 3 ibuprofen I was taking about 4 times a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment